Lost Distillery

トップ > Lost Distillery > Highlands East > Glencoull


Glencoull distillery stands by the river South Esk about 5 miles to the north from Forfar. In 1897, Glencoull Distillery Co. rebuilt a grain mill to distillery and started this place. The owner changed several times and in 1929 it was closed. After that in the 1930's The place was again changed to milling factory but in 1992, it was finally torn down. The Excise officer's house stood in front of the structure and now it's name remains as a B & B.
グレンカウル蒸留所はForfarから5マイルほど北のSouth Esk川の横にある。1897年Glencoull Distillery Co.により穀物製粉工場を蒸留所に改築し操業が始まった。いく度か経営が変わり1929年閉鎖。その後1930年代、再び製粉工場に改築されたが1992年ほとんどの建物が壊された。当時の建物は徴税官の住居が道路の反対側あり、現在B & Bとしてその名を今に伝えている。(2008)

Return to Header