Lost Distillerys

トップ > Lost Distillery > Lowlands Lothian > Caledonian


Caledonian distillery is by North British Railway on the west side of Haymarket station. It was built by Graham Menzies in 1855. It was called Edinburgh at that time but it changed its name to Caledonian. It was one of the biggest distillery in Scotland as a glen distillery but it was closed in 1987. Many of the buildings there was broken in 1998. Now the site is used as residents and many apartments stands there. Though the high chimney which was once a symbol still remains as a historical structure.
カレドニアン蒸留所はHaymarket駅の西North British鉄道の横にある。1855年Graham Menziesによって建てられた。当初はEdinburghと言っていたがCaledonianと名前を変えた。主にグレン蒸留所としてスコットランドでは最大の規模だったが1987年閉鎖。1998年多くの建物は壊された。住宅地となった敷地には、その後多くのアパートなどが建っているが、シンボルであった高い煙突や一部の建物は歴史的建造物として残っている。

Return to Header